Saturday, December 5, 2009

beLIEve

lie, believe, a word can be a part of another one, maybe the two words are always together like siameses twins, perhaps when I lie I want the other person believes in me
lie implies secrets, somethings that we don't want to tell
believe is about trust, something we want to say
strange combination of letters, I often make mistakes chosing words, and sometimes I ended up messing it up, a melody would be a better election than the wrong words


"The Fly" talks about secrets, friendship, trust, faith, love
the song is one of my favourites from U2, it has a different sound from they had done until that time, it is a change, an interesting change.
here we can see the evolution of the song, first the original video, which gave the direction for the Zoo Tv tour

The Fly - Original Video - 1991




Here is the live version from Sydney, an amazing performance, and it's the version of the random words, white words, red words, and we can see the mix between lie and believe : beLIEve

The Fly - Live From ZooTV Sydney - 1993




In my opinion, this is the best version I have heard of the song, the intro is incredible, and I think is also the best filmed

The Fly - Live Boston - 2001




In Sao Paulo The Edge had problems with his guitar, so Bono started to improvise with the notes of David Bowie's Jean Genie, after that he asks "where is the fly?"

The Fly - Live From Sao Paulo - 2006



.

No comments: