Saturday, February 23, 2008

Journey around Chile

After the fall of Steve Perry from Journey ten years ago, I thought the group would take separate ways, but still they ride with different singers, but last year they changed again the singer, Neal Schon did not stop believing and he found on Youtube a singer who made covers of Journey and other groups called Arnel Pineda after some mails Pineda crossed frontiers to join the group and last thursday February 21st at Viña del Mar it was the first performance of Journey with this new singer...
for me it was a great show, the voice is similar to Perry, but Pineda was not just an impersonator, he did a good job and everyone in the crowd were happy, singing, screaming, jumping every song, here it is a video from that night




.

2 comments:

Marsu said...

Ni en esa época me di cuenta que eran TAN buenos..
Lo raro es ver a un cauro tan re joven y oriental metido ahi.. Canta excelente pero igual es raro...
Cariños..

Icy said...

Heavy task that of Pineda... He has to overcome his look and his amazing own voice. He is a great singer that could stand perfectly well on his own, don't you think?? Anyway, there he is, making a great show with the remaining part of "the Journey"... He must have admired Perry a great deal!!!

I'm sorry I'm missed them at the Festival. I never thought they were still SO good. I regret!!!

That's why I thank you for this link. I have enjoyed the show a great deal!!!

Two words: Thank you! One kiss!!!

Icy